Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hydrangeas in basket


Hydrangeas in basket, originally uploaded by kquilts.

I have taken 2 classes now on painting with acrylics-each class meet once a week for 6 weeks. This picture is from the second class set. I learned a lot in this class and look forward to more. I would like to work on some landscapes and maybe portraits. We have done 2 still lifes. Class won't pick up again until mid January. I'm still working through the artist's journal class Kate Johnson is teaching, plus am busy with Christmas being so near.

3 comments:

sersk said...

My w/c teacher insists that we will learn everything we need to paint other subjects such as landscapes and portraits by starting with still life. Nice painting.

Karen said...

I had not heard that, but I have done 2 still lives now, and do see that it helped. Thanks for the comment on my painting.

Ramona Davidson said...

This is a wonderful painting. Love the subject, composition, and color. You did a superb job on this one.