Friday, January 14, 2011

Reflections on 2010 and Goals for 2011

I'm sitting here this morning and thinking back over the past year and setting goals for 2011. I started painting with acrylics in September of 2009 and continued with those classes through 2010. I plan to continue with that. I am currently working on a painting of Yosemite's El Capitan that is quite big. At least I think so. It is the largest painting I have done so far.

I had been playing with watercolors at home for the past 2 years and not really making progress there, so in September of 2010 I signed up for a class at a local art center. I'm so glad I took the class, because now I understand better how the paints behave and how to get the effects I want. I will try to get some of those paintings up here on the blog this weekend. In 2011 I am going to try to do a watercolor painting a week to post. I know I'm already two weeks into the year, but will start this this week with that. So, that's 50 paintings.

The new thing for this year is that I am going to be working with pastels. I have the materials to begin that now (Christmas presents). So far I have just done some practice making different marks and learning techniques- no pictures yet.

So I have big plans for the year. I guess I better get to work!

No comments: