Monday, April 27, 2015

Bead crochet

For a couple of years I have wanted to learn bead crochet.  It wasn't easy.  I tried learning from others' blogs.  I tried YouTube videos.  I tried books that came with DVDs.  Nothing helped.  

Last month I attended Bead Week at North Ranch Escapees park in Congress Arizona, an annual event that follows Woodcarving Week. It was five days of beading classes.  One of which was bead crochet.  I was excited!  Maybe with one on one tutoring I would learn.

It was frustrating.  It was confusing, but I did walk away with an understanding of how it works.  At the end of the class, I went back to the RV and practiced with beads smaller than the 6s we had in class.  I used 8s.  Finally success!  I have since made three crocheted bracelets and am currently working on the fourth.


 Few more bracelets I made recently:
I can't remember the name of the first one.

This one is called a Cellini spiral. It's a form of peyote stitch.

Can't remember the name of these.
I really look forward to Beadweek next year, though I understand the format will be much simpler.
Till next time....

No comments: